Overwhelmed by Phillip Island

Phillip Island really knocked me off my feet. Its beauty is super impressive. And I just LOVE the ocean. The pure blue water and the sound of crashing waves always make me feel calm and settled. No matter where I am or what's going on in my life. The ocean makes me feel home all the time. Look at this pure blue. I could watch it 24/7 and hear the waves crashing, feeling the breeze, breathing the absolutely clear and fresh air.








When walking around Phillip Island you will get to see so many beautiful views and landscape. Like I mentioned there's the ocean as well as lots of green bushland. But the most amazing thing about Phillip Island are the penguins. The little penguin lives here on Phillip Island. Well, they spent most of their time in the sea getting fish for themselves and their babies. But after the sun goes down they get out of the sea and make their way over the beach up to their burrows. And if you pay some money you can watch them on their way out of the sea and support the protection of the little penguin. It's definitely worth it and honestly the cutest thing I've ever seen! Look at this little bugger. the little penguin baby in its little home his burrow.


About 32,000 little penguins live on Phillip Island. And they really are little. The little penguins are only 33cm (13in) tall. It's really amazing and beautiful to see all the little penguins making their way home after a successful day or even multiple days. They can also stay in the ocean for a longer period of time. Watching them waddle down the beach is just super cute. They look well fed, just like me after Christmas. With their bellies full of fish, it looks like they can barely walk. ;)


If you ever have the chance to watch these cute little penguins, you totally have to do it! It's a completely different experience than going to the zoo and watch the penguins do some tricks. On Phillip Island, they're just the wild animals following their normal routine in the life of a little penguin. And I promise watching this pure beauty of nature will make your heart melt.

Have you ever been able to explore and experience the beauty of Phillip Island?

Since you are not allowed to take pictures of the little penguins of Phillip Island anymore all the images of the little penguins used in this blog post are from the official app or website: www.penguins.org.au



Pin this article for later!

Source: Cover Image

0 comments

If you comment on my blog, the form data you enter (and under circumstances other personal data, as for example your IP address) is transmitted to Google servers. Additionally, you can find more information in my Privacy Policy and in the Privacy Policy of Google.